Entering chart data in Excel 2013
I've been using Office 2013 for a couple of months (Windows 8); I do a lot of data modelling.
Whilst most of the changes are neutral, there are a couple of things that are significant in making Excel less efficient for me to use:
In the Data Source window when setting up or modifying a chart, the preview window that was in Excel 2003 has gone and I can’t see the revised chart as I select the data ranges. When I’m looking through 20-30 variables
for each data range this adds a lot more time and key strokes.
The cut and paste commands no longer work in the chart data edit window, or the forward arrow keys.
Having to use a pointer to select and change column or row references is much less precise than being able to double-click or use the arrow key (without the data ranges being automatically altered).
Both of these changes make it more tricky to use and increase the number of keystrokes.
The option when setting up a new chart to open it as a new worksheet is not available.
Excel closes when the workbook is closed, adding more time when opening another workbook.
With a lot if intensive work using Excel, it’s way more efficient to use keyboard commands for as many instructions as possible.
Windows 8 and the touchscreen doesn’t get in the way of this, but the changes I’ve mentioned privilege touch screen over the efficiency of using Excel and, over the period of a day, add a significant number of previously unnecessary key strokes.
This makes Excel a lot more clumsy to use for data modelling and increases my RSI.
Has anyone found a solution to these kinds of problems?
Keys to the Problem Entering chart data in Excel 2013
Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)
Manually editing the Windows registry
Manually editing the Windows registry to remove invalid MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION keys is not recommended unless you are PC service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop your PC from functioning and create irreversible damage to your operating system. In fact, one misplaced comma can prevent your PC from booting entirely!
Caution: Unless you an advanced PC user, we DO NOT recommend editing the Windows registry manually. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. We do not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
To manually repair your Windows registry, first you need to create a backup by exporting a portion of the registry related to MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (eg. Windows Operating System):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "regedit" and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 0x9C-related key (eg. Windows Operating System) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, choose Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Windows Operating System backup key.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as "Windows Operating System Backup".
- In the Export Range box, be sure that "Selected branch" is selected.
- Click Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION-related registry entry.
Recommended Method to Fix the Problem: Entering chart data in Excel 2013:
How to Fix Entering chart data in Excel 2013 with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed
Related: Download SONY SVE1512H1RB Synaptics PS/2 Port ClickPad driver
,Method to Download SONY VGC-LT10E SigmaTel Audio Driver Update v.6.10.5614.0